Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Review - Goose Island India Pale Ale

Last night I decided to officially rate the Goose Island India Pale Ale. Had a few over the weekend and was surprised at how much I enjoyed this beer. It seemed to me on Friday night that the floral/citrus elements were much more present in the smell than they were last night. It was still very good though, it reminded me a lot of the IPA's that I drank back when I first discovered IPA's like Sierra Nevada and Summit's IPA in that the hops kick/bite was very prevalent but this did have a bit more of the floral/citrus hints than I remember those having. Here's my rating on RateBeer where I gave it a 3.8:
Bottle from MGM Mankato, pours with a golden browncolor, foamy white head that lasts a few minutes. Definite hop smell with some light floral and fruity notes. Flavor is definitely dominated by the hops in a good way, with the citrus flavor sneaking in. Lingering bitter finish that keeps the hops on your tongue.

This was my 30th official rating on RateBeer and was my 16th IPA. Maybe I need to diversify. Nahhhhh... it'll even ou
t eventually! Besides, there's a reason that I wear this t-shirt:

No comments:

Post a Comment