Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weekend Recap

I didn't have too much time spend on beer last weekend because I spent most of the time working in the room where we'll be doing most of the taste testing.

But I did manage to sneak a few beers in. Friday night I tried my first Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. After being underwhelmed by the 60 Minute, I didn't have too high of hopes for this one. I was very pleasantly surprised. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it went down too smoothly for me and at 294 calories a beer, this isn't one to be drinking all night. It was a fantastic brew. My RateBeer rundown (4.1 rating, maybe should be higher):
Golden brown in color with a quickly dissipating head. Prominent citrus hops aroma with a hint of malt. Thick, malty mouthfeel with a subtle but very good fruity hop flavor.

Had a Miller Genuine Draft with my pizza later on to try and purge the fridge of some older stock. Didn't want to rate it because it was probably past its prime but still tasted great with the pizza.

Saturday I shared an Oaked Arrogant Bastard with Paul because I wanted him to try it and give it another chance as well. I definitely enjoyed it more than the first one I had, I'm thinking this one will grow on me. To continue the fridge purge I had a Hopslam for a night cap.

Sunday saw me give the 90 Minute IPA another whirl to see how good it was the next time around. Yep, this one's a keeper. Also had a few Michelob Golden Draft Lights during sand volleyball. Yellow fizzy beers do have their place in the world & a volleyball court is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment