Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 11th - New Belgium Lips of Faith Prickly Passion Saison

Time nearly ran out on Sunday's entry into the Month of Awesomeness but it was saved in the 22nd hour of the day by another Lips of Faith offering by New Belgium. This time it was the Prickly Passion Saison.


It's no secret that saisons are one my favorite styles of beer but I initially passed on it because I already have way too much beer and one of my Getting Tanked with Frank partners Mark told me he didn't care for it (he promised his review of it is coming soon on his blog).

I'm not sure what exactly convinced me to toss it in the cart last month but I'm glad I did. Again, the entries this month aren't about detailed tasting notes so you won't get them here. It was a nice solid saison in my opinion and the addition of the passion fruit and prickly pear didn't take over the beer but gave it some separation from other saisons and a nice unique quality.

Not only was I glad I bought a bottle but assuming I have a little more room in the house after the Month of Awesomeness is over I might seek out another bottle or two for the future.

I have a box full of Lips of Faith beers and have been waiting for a stretch like this to open them. If this one and the Fresh Hop IPA are any indication, it's gonna make this month that much more awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'll have to be the tie breaker since I just picked up a bottle yesterday.

    ReplyDelete