Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19th - New Belgium Lips of Faith Eric's Ale

Another week in the MoA brings us to yet another Lips of Faith offering from New Belgium. As I've said I have a bunch of these and this month should see several of them consumed.

Eric's Ale is one that's not even on their website anymore but being a sour ale I wasn't worried about sitting on this one.  It was aged in oak and refermented with peach juice.  I'm not picking up too much of the wood characteristics from this one but the tropical fruit notes are definitely there and in puckering fashion.

I'm thinking this beer would have been best drank on a hot summer day but considering I live in Minnesota, those days are too few and far between to be picky and the fact that it reminded me of such a day means it was a success nonetheless.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment