Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 6th - Deschutes Fresh Hop Mirror Pond

Awesomeness rolls on with a beer I had once before and wasn't too impressed with that time. I had this last time after several other beers and was a bit underwhelmed with it. The hops were noticeable in a fresh aroma and flavor way but did nothing to contribute any bitterness. It wasn't a bad beer to me, just an incomplete one.

Fast forward to this time. I definitely liked it more and I'm thinking it was because it wasn't competing with other beers when I was drinking it. Could have also been that 16 oz gave a better chance of the beer growing on me vs the 7 oz that I had the first time around. Or it could just have been that some beers taste better/worse some days than others.

Regardless, it's a nice beer if you want to try it and certainly not overpriced at $5 a bomber (bombers being over priced theory excluded) but not one that I'd tell you to seek out. This may have fallen short of the awesomeness that's expected of this month, but the Founders Harvest Ale and Brau Brothers Hundred Yard Dash that I drank before it certainly bridged the gap to keep this month awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment