Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 12th - Ommegang Zuur

I thought it might be tough to keep up with MoA (I'm not typing the damn thing out every time anymore) on the same night as Beer Club but I'm persistent, I knew I could make it work.

After almost everybody cleared out, it was time to open up a bottle that I had put away. I told Hoffman to pick out the bottle that would become Beer Club extra credit and Monday's entry into MoA. There were a couple offerings from Ommegang but it was an easy choice for him since he had not had the Zuur.



I didn't realize until we opened it that it was not only a collaboration with Liefman's but it appears that it was brewed there as well.

It was about the exact opposite from the beers we had during Beer Club (old ales) but the sour kick to this beer was enough to reawaken the palates in the bar. Not sure if they'll be making this one again but I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment