Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 17th - Sierra Nevada Ovila Saison

The Ovila Saison has been waiting to be consumed for a long time so the MoA is the perfect time to do it. I'm not saying that it has been in the collection for longer than most others but it's a beer that would have been opened a long time ago if not for one little detail. I really wanted the matching glass.

I really liked the glass the first time I saw it and did my best to track one down locally since I had placed an order for Sierra Nevada swag last year and didn't really want much. I eventually started asking around to see if anybody else wanted to go in with me to save on shipping (the reason I don't order stuff more often). We got lucky and last month they ran a free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Done and done.

I also have a couple bottles of the Ovila Dubbel that have been waiting around for the same reason. I had both beers on tap at Bricks when they first came out so I wasn't in a hurry to open them. The third release in the Ovila series (the quad) dropped this past week so I figured it was time to finally crack one.

The other thing that made it time was that the Four Firkins got in new shipment of the saison and at a damn good deal even ($7.99 a bottle).  I bought a few more to stash because as I said on Friday, saisons are one of my favorite beers to pair with meals. You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment