Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 7th - Kasteel Rouge and Steel Toe Provider Ale

Yet another installment of the Month of Awesomeness. Last night's edition featured Kasteel Rouge. As with many beers, this one had an odd way getting into my house. I stumbled across a steal of a deal for the Kasteel glass ($2.99!) and then realized I had never had any of their beers. When I saw they had one made with cherries, I was sold. Actually the beer was sold. To me.


I'm a fan of this one. It reminds me of a couple favorites in the cherry beer realm, Wisconsin Belgian Red (still the king) and Leifman's Red. This one did not score very high on the appearance scale, it looked like murky brownish red swamp water. Luckily, it tasted damn good. And that's all the matters.

I also had a bonus entry into the MoA last night, the Steel Toe Provider Ale. No boring stories to go along with this one. It's just a good beer from a new local brewery that I'd like to help support. You should too!


No comments:

Post a Comment