Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 9th - New Belgium Lips of Faith Fresh Hop IPA

I managed to sneak in a bomber Friday night while putting the final touches on Toy Fest prep. No need to put the Month of Awesomeness off the burner when it could be staying alive on the back burner.

I wasn't sure which one to pick until I realized I still had a bomber of a fresh hop IPA waiting in my fridge for me. I've been sitting on quite a few Lips of Faith bombers for awhile and decided the Month of Awesomeness would be a good time to take down a few of them and the Fresh Hop IPA was the logical place to start especially since Allison wanted to share it with me.

Naturally this would have been better a few weeks ago when I first bought it but I thought it was still pretty damn good.  Not in the neighborhood of my favorite fresh hop beer (Founders Harvest Ale) but still had great hops aromas and flavors to make make my senses happy.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it. That beer was a joy (and a bit of a logistical phantasm) to make, the freshness is fading but the hop profile is still outstanding and the beer is really good. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a joy to drink as well!

    I forgot that I bought it for the wife and was forgot it was in the fridge for her so I made sure we didn't sit on it longer.

    I was glad to see that it held up better than some fresh hop IPA's after a few weeks and was still very good.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete